Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas From Der Alte Fritz


The Great Pond of Hesse Seewald

Merry Christmas everyone. It is Christmas Eve Day and we are getting a nice blanket of snow this morning that is quite beautiful to behold. I took my dog Tiberius on a long walk this morning, headed for the secluded large pond near our house where I can let him off leash to run around in the snow.

This is our first snow of the Christmas season and it is just enough snow for a White Chistmas (Bing Crosby song) without being too much of a hassle for traveling around.

We are having 25 people at our house for Christmas Day supper, bonhomie and joy, and the sharing of presents. So I spent the morning at various grocery stores picking up the food that we had preordered for the party. I hit the store early at 8:30 A.M. so there was but a light crowd in the stores which made the shopping easy.


One needs to embrace the snow and see its beauty.

I have decided that I will embrace the snow and cold weather and look at its beauty rather than its inconvenience and chill. I took a lot of pictures with my iPhone during the walk and I thought that I would share a few of them with you.


Mother Nature is a very talented painter.

Tiberius is enjoying his unfettered romp throw the snow.

A Winter's trail winding its way through the woods
with evidence of other travelers trodding the pathway.

I want to thank all of my blog followers and visitors for taking a look at my compositions all year long. I also want to thank all of the visitors and members of the new Fife & Drum Miniatures forum that I established earlier in the year.

Forum link here.

Initially, the forum was supposed to highlight Fife & Drum AWI figures and Minden SYW figures, but then it sort of morphed into a general 18th Century information and discussion group that presents topics in a very relaxed and informal way.

Der Alte Fritz wishes everyone a Merry Christmas.
May your stockings be full of presents and may you be surrounded by friends and family.


19 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas to you and yours. Sadly the weather here is very mild, warm enough to wear shorts and not feel cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Jim o,you and your family, looks truly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fröhliche Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr! to all our friends in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Jim to you and your family. I love snow at Christmas and it looks lovely. Hope you’ve been a good boy and Santa is laden down with new toys for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine sentiments, images and Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to you and the family.
    Bill P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and a most happy New years to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas, and thanks for a year of great blogging

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the pictures Jim , and your Christmas goodwill. Thank you for all the pleasure you have given so many during 2017
    Chris
    https://notjustoldschool.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas, Jim to you and all your family. I envy you the snow...was 36degrees C here. Still the aircon made a great difference, and a good time had by all. Thankyou for your great work, figures, blog & fellowship this year, and I really look forward to 2018 in a similar vein. Cheers, Rohan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take your weather and give you mine. It's 1-degree Fahrenheit this morning. Brrrrr.😱

      Delete
    2. Yep, that's a tad too chilly! Good for "justifying" the odd hot toddy or warm spiced wine though!! As for me, mine's a nice cold beer (or three!) :-D Merry Christmas, Rohan.

      Delete
  12. Merry Christmas, Jim! I've enjoyed reading your blog over the past year. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete