Sunday, December 31, 2017

George Rust - RIP

George Rust - we will miss you

Today I received the sad news that George Rust passed away on December 30, 2017. George was a member of the Seven Years War Association and may well have been one of its founding members. My recollection is that George had diabetes so his death may have been related to that, but I'm not sure.

I played quite a few wargames with George as he attended most of the mega-games that I staged such as Leuthen and Rossbach. He was always a gentleman, never argued about rules or anything else, and he was a joy to game with.

George (standing in the center) commanding some Prussians in one of our games in Brown Deer, WI.


George was a kind and gentle soul and he will be missed at next year's convention in March 2018.

I will post additional news as it becomes available.

4 comments: