Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Osprey Great Northern War Book - Your Help Needed

Apparently Osprey Publishing is holding a vote on the title and subject of a new book for their Men At Arms series: "The Swedish Army in the Great Northern War". That is terrific news for those who are interested in the period, and with a flood of 28mm figures for the GNW slated to hit the market in 2014, the timing of such a book is excellent.

Alas, the book has only garnered 8% of the votes so far, while The Opium Wars 1830-1860 leads the field with 35% of the votes. With nearly 400 "followers" of this blog and numerous "lurkers" who also follow my writings, I believe that we have the potential to swamp the poll with our votes and get this important book published. As an added bonus, perhaps a successful voting interest in the GNW will prompt Osprey to republish the out of print books covering the Army of Peter the Great.

So here is what I am asking everyone to do: go to the Osprey Publishing web site at:

www.ospreypublishing.com 

and place your vote for the Swedish Army in the Great Northern War. You will find the poll by scrolling down the right hand side of the page.

I want to thank you in advance for your help in bringing this important book to the market.

17 comments:

  1. I voted for this book when I saw it in the Osprey page because I´m very interested in the topic.
    But it is a war without British soldiers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have duly voted for the GNW title as I waiting expectantly for the Ebor minis figures to appear. Mind you I like the idea of the Opium Wars book as well although I did write a series of articles published in MW in the mid/late 90's covering the First Opium War.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I voted for the GNW. It's a beautiful age and a very interesting war.
    The Crimean French and Pacific War are also good titles.
    Regards
    Simmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voted. Also cant wait for my Ebor dollies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voted but doesn't look like it will be a winner sadly

    ReplyDelete
  6. But will the book be any good? Aye, there's the rub. Vote dutifully submitted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Done, but there's a lot of ground to make up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This lurker has voted as asked :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pleasure, Jim. Done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered that you can vote again every day.
    Just go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I just found this. I recall seeing it before and joined the request, not that it did any good. I did approach Osprey with some of my Swedish experts and artists to do a book. Not even a thanks but not thanks and I even had an Osprey author follow up with them. Decided to do it myself. I still don't understand Osprey.

    ReplyDelete