Monday, January 6, 2014

AWI Vignette

Minden workers and Spirit of 76 vignettes. Click to enlarge.


As the song says, "Baby It's Cold Outside"! This morning's temperature was -15F so I had Mrs Fritz drive me to the train station so that I wouldn't have to leave my car outside all day and find the battery frozen when I would return from the city this evening. Most schools in the area are closed today, which seems very sensible to me, but our office is open and....

At any rate, I spent a part of the evening watching Downton Abbey with the Mrs, in front of a crackling fire in the fireplace, afterwhich, I retreated to the Man Cave to work on an AWI commission for a friend. No pictures yet, unfortunately, so instead, I posted a picture of a couple of vignettes along with a battery of Continental artillery. The fellows hauling the boxes are from the Minden range and seem to fit right in with a section of artillery. The Spirit of 76 vignette is from the Fife & Drum range, of course. I expect to be working on a 4-pd artillery section of Continentals this evening. 

Update: I have reposted the picture so that you can click and enlarge it for enhanced viewing.

Keep warm everyone !



4 comments:

  1. Speaking of painting, now that Minden is part of Fife & Drum you can paint a new avatar of Milady de Winter, walking and riding :=)

    Btw I suppose that the 'Lord & lady, riding' are cast together while the same walking are from a different mo(u)ld, so to avoid accumulating left-over you can't offer sets of the same character on foot and riding, as was the tradition for 'dungeon explorers' minis?


    Best wishes to yourself and yours.
    Jean-Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic is a bit small, but from what I can tell they do look very nice!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete