Saturday, April 27, 2013

Some Little Wars Pix


War of 1812 Game - Knuckleduster Figures. Click all pix to enlarge.
I did not have a lot of time to roam through the game area at Little Wars for photo shooting, but here are a few that I snapped before the dealer area opened at 10AM Saturday morning. These were some of the better games that I saw, in terms of either terrain or colorful figures, or guys just having a darn good time of it. Click all pictures once or twice to enlarge the view.


Japanese Samauri game in 28mm
Knuckleduster Figures Booth. Nice laser cut building kits and nice Western and 1812 figures.

A Napoleonic game of sorts, using 15mm figures and nice looking terrain boards.

The Last Square's annual WW2 mega game. 

Napoleonic game featuring nothing but cavalry. Lieberwolkowitz 1813 perhaps? Great concept and I could tell that the players were really enjoying themselves in this one.

Geo Hex Terrain still looks great.

Thoroughbred Figures Booth - some great looking 15mm ship kits.

I did not have much time to do any shopping for myself, but I took advantage of the fact that The Last Square was across the aisle from the Fife & Drum booth, so I picked up a lot of Silfur Tufts to use for my figure bases. I also acquired a copy of Muskets & Tomohawks skirmish rules from Mr. Extra Crispy himself, who read my comment on Face Book that I could not find a copy of the rules in the dealer area. So on Saturday, Mark stopped by my booth and I bought a copy of the rules from him. How's that for personal service? (thumbs up in my book). I also bought a book on Gettysburg that featured drawings by Keith Rocco and pictures of the actual equipment that is at the Gettysburg National Park museum. I can't recall the name of the book right now, but it is a very nice book to have if you are an ACW buff.

m








7 comments:

  1. The hobby sure has come a long way from green bedsheets or towels thrown over tables and/or bright green painted tabletops.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you still have time to log on and post? there's dedication, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tables look great and appear well attended.

    Hope the dealers area goes well for F&D Minis

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were many great looking tables at Little Wars this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your photos. I hope Fife & Drum minis sold well throughout the event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely looking games there... a lot of effort to make the games look so good but then they leave coffee cups, papers, and clutter on the tabletop...go figure! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 15mm ships at Thoroughbred look fantastic! Looks like it was a great event.

    ReplyDelete